Standard Terms and Conditions of Quotation And Sale
MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITIES
- 500 for Standard Color – White, Black or Kraft.
- 2000 for Digital Printing. Custom finishes are not included – foil, Spot UV, etc.
- Call to discuss Offset printing options.
- 500 MOQ or less the lead time is usually two weeks, excluding delivery time.
- 500 to 1,000 MOQ the lead time is usually three weeks, excluding delivery time.
- 1,000 + MOQ the lead time is determined when your Purchase Order, payment and approved artwork is received by Bongo Packaging. Normally approximately three weeks.
- All products are designed, manufactured, and shipped from Toronto, Canada.
- Delivery is not included; however, it can be arranged if requested. Delivery charges are invoiced separately by Bongo Packaging when your order is complete.
- Most orders are shipped with Canpar or UPS Ground.
- Bongo Packaging charges $12 per pallet if required to complete deliveries.
- All orders can be picked up at Bongo Packaging – Monday to Friday.
PAYMENT TERMS – INCLUDING SET UP FEE & TAXES
- First orders are COD with initial Purchase Order.
- MOQ up to 1,000 is payment in full with your Purchase Order.
- MOQ over 1,000 is a 65% non-refundable deposit with your Purchase Order & the balance is due on partials or when the order is ready to be delivered.
- There is a $50 Set Up Fee added to our invoice for each specific Purchase Order.
- Taxes are not included when quotes are prepared. Will be added to all invoices.
- Payment is via e-transfer or EFT. Banking details provided when requested.
- We manufacture samples for product sizing, usually with our Kraft No Label design.
- We charge $150 per size and provide two samples. Bongo Packaging pays for the delivery costs in Canada & USA*. We deduct $100 once Purchase Order is received.
- Each client is solely responsible for the proper sizing of paper tubes purchased from Bongo Packaging.
DIE LINES – ARTWORK – RENDERINGS – PRESS APPROVALS
- Orders 1,000 + that are digitally or offset printed require completed artwork from clients.
- Due to the volume of tubes manufactured we are not able to act as your design studio.
- Fonts must be outlined. Minimum font size is 6 pt.
- Images must be embedded.
- Keep important elements at least ½” inside.
- Please add a full 1/2” bleed.
- PDF files preferred.
- Special finishes layer: only vectors in black will denote the special finish.
- For larges files, please use the WeTransfer platform or similar.
Artwork Approval Steps Include:
- Client issues Purchase Order and payment.
- Bongo Packaging will provide die lines, usually when quotations are issued.
- Client forwards their artwork based on our manufacturing specifications.
- Client provides final approval of artwork and then Bongo Packaging will complete printing.
- Alignment when wrapping labels around tubes is not always perfect – this is a normal and expected part of the manufacturing process. Therefore, we recommend avoiding designs that need to match up perfectly when the label is applied, such as horizontal lines and patterns.
- No returns are allowed for custom orders.
- Based on the nature of the paper, the lid fit may vary between slightly loose and slightly tight.
- Because of the curling (rolled ends) process, the overall height of the tubes may vary slightly between the tubes manufactured in any specific order.
- There can be minor differences in the colour based on the stock paper.
- Artwork centered on the circles is subject to some tolerances.
- No text or images are accepted on the lids.
- Alignment on the lid and base is not always perfect.
- Most images visible online have been heavily photoshoped and do not reflect manufactured paper tubes.
- In some cases, you can see the spiral image behind the outside label of a paper tube.
- The label paper we use is Made in USA. Best-in-class quality. FSC Certified.
- For digital printing, we use Classic Crest Uncoated paper form Neenah Paper.
- Details on our three standard colours:
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Client confirms its agreement with the following standard terms of sale in every transaction with Bongo Packaging:
- There is no warranty for merchantability or fitness for purpose of the goods; rather, such warranties are expressly excluded.
- The client acknowledges that paper packaging can fail, particularly if it is used in a way other than how the product was tested.
- In no event shall Bongo Packaging be liable for any consequential damages suffered by the client.
- The liability of Bongo Packaging for any losses suffered by the client shall in no event exceed the contract price shown in the purchase order.
- Our offer is based on our purchasing prices. We do not have any influence on the market price. The price of our paper is indexed to the published price of 42 lb. linerboard unbleached kraft open market. Therefore, we adjust our prices as required.
- Order quantities may vary + / – 10%.
- The parties irrevocably attorn to the laws of the Province of Ontario and any dispute arising between them shall be settled by arbitration to be held in Toronto, Ontario.
- Listed specifications for ID / length / wall thickness are subject to minor variations in tolerances based on industry accepted practices. Figures shown are nominal.
- Bongo Packaging has the client’s permission to post images of products manufactured by Bongo Packaging on social media for marketing purposes.